The big Trisanna quiz on the concerts which have made history in Ischgl. Stars, charts, songs and concerts. You can check here if you’re ready for Idalp.
1. AN EASY ONE TO START: WHO PLAYED THE FIRST BIG TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN CONCERT ON 30 APRIL 1995?
The answer, of course, is Sir Elton John. Robbie Williams only came much later; in 1995 he was still on the road with Take That. And Ike and Tina Turner were – well, see the next question.
2. ANOTHER FAIRLY EASY ONE: HAVE IKE AND TINA TURNER PLAYED AT IDALP, TOO?
Of course the answer’s C). Tina Turner separated from her husband - with whom she’d had hits like “Nutbush City Limits”- back in 1975. She performed solo in Ischgl in 1996, at the peak of her solo career, which had really taken off with the legendary album “Private Dancer.”
3. A BIT MORE DIFFICULT: HAS BOB DYLAN EVER BEEN A GUEST IN ISCHGL?
Answer B) is correct. Bob Dylan, who’s almost 77 now, is still on his “Never Ending Tour.”
4. VERY DIFFICULT. HAVE DIANA ROSS, MARIAH CAREY AND WHITNEY HOUSTON APPEARED IN ISCHGL?
B) is correct. Diana Ross performed in 1997, Mariah Carey in 2012. Whitney Houston never came to Ischgl.
5. WHO SANG THE WONDERFUL TEAR-JERKER “RAGAZZO DEL EUROPA” AT THE EASTER CONCERT IN 1999?
Answer: it was – of course – Gianna Nannini. She wrote the song herself and her raspy voice was perfect for it.
6. WHO RAPPED THE SONG “MFG” IN 2005: MFG WITH BEST REGARDS/ THE WORLD IS AT OUR FEET BECAUSE WE LIKE IT?
Answer: B) is correct. The Fantastischen Vier played in 2005, Jan Delay in 2015 and Sportfreunde Stiller in 2010. And Sportfreunde’s big hit is “New York, Rio, Rosenheim.”
7. IS IT TRUE THAT NAOMI CAMPBELL ONCE PROVIDED THE SEASON OPENER?
Answer: Naomi Campell opened the season in Ischgl in 1995. With a fashion show. She turned to singing not long afterwards and had a number one hit with “Love and Tears.”
8. WHICH SINGER OPENED THE SEASON IN ISCHGL IN 2005 AND COMPOSED THE SONG “WE ARE THE WORLD” WITH TWO OTHERS?
The correct answer is A). All three of the artists mentioned did write “We are the world” together, but Lionel Richie was the only one to have opened the season in Ischgl with a brilliant concert.
9. ROBBIE WILLIAMS WAS IN ISCHGL, WE’RE SURE ABOUT THAT. BUT WHEN?
The correct answer is B). Robbie Wiliams performed songs from his swing album, “Swings both ways,” including “Swings Both Ways”, “Go Gentle”, “Puttin‘ on the Ritz” and “I Wann’na Be Like You”. 25 000 people danced.
10. AND FOR ONE MORE POINT: WHAT’S THE NAME OF THE BIGGEST HIT OF THE STAR CELEBRATING THE END OF THE 2018 SEASON?
This is one that everyone knows: “Atemlos durch die Nacht” (Breathless through the night) is one of the biggest German language hits of all time, and made a superstar of Helene Fischer. Her guest performance is 20 April in Ischgl. Top of the Mountain.